Monday, August 23, 2010

8 Years Later

August 23, 2002, 1:18 (or sometime relatively close to then) a tiny, perfect life was brought into this hugely imperfect world. Sometimes I wonder what in God's name I was thinking when I decided it would be a good idea to introduce a child to the world.

Then I see things, hear things, do things that remind me of the innocence that still exists. Yes, the moments are fleeting and excedingly rare, but they do however still exist. Today, my daughter is eight years old. Eight. I still cannot believe it.

I mean, I look at pictures of her like this:









and then I look at pictures of her like this:




and I try to remember where the last eight years went. I wonder how they disappeared so quickly, I wonder if I even saw them passing, or if I truly did go to bed one night, the mother of a newborn baby, and wake up the mother of an eight year old.

I'm sitting here right now getting choked up, seriously trying to figure out exactly where the time has gone. Kenny Chesney sure hit the nail on the head when he said don't blink. Don't, because you literally might miss it all.

Happy 8th Birthday Breesy. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails