Sunday, September 5, 2010

cool retro stuff I secretly want


 Steve and I were eating breakfast this morning and he was telling me about how the neighbors were having a yard sale..I asked if they had anything cool.

of course they didn't...but it made me think...there's probably some cool stuff to be found at yard sales. Then I told him that I wanted a turntable and some old school records...like Abbey Road...dude I would LOVE to have that album...it would be awesome...maybe some Simon & Garfunkel too...

So with that, I got to thinking about some cool, retro stuff I'd loove to own.

1. Vintage typewriter...my grandparent's used to have one in their basement and when I spent summer's with them, I would explore the basement, play on the broken treadmill, drink frozen yoo hoo and type on the ancient typewriter. I would get lost in my own invented worlds while pecking away at the keys. It was one of my favorite things to do when I visited them. how lame, right?

2. Old school turn table. No particular reason why, well, I think it would be cool but that's about it.

3. An old sewing machine like my mom had. She had this cool sewing machine that sat in the table and when you wanted to use it you had to open the table and lift the machine out. It was so cool...I want one..lol

Well, that's all I can think of for now....so I guess I better start hitting up Goodwill and yardsales :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails