Saturday, December 22, 2012

Sarabeth

My husband texts me yesterday, says, I talked to Sarabeth (his sister, who's name is not actually Sarabeth, but I'm trying to protect her identity). The cancer's back. It's agressive, they want to test me, see if I'm a match to donate bone marrow.

Everything stopped.

She came in to town almost two weeks ago for testing. We all fully expected to hear that she was cancer free, for good this time. Only it didn't happen. They found a spot on a lymph node and immediately scheduled a biopsy. Then delivered the bad news.

All day I sat at work trying to wrap my mind around it. After her last treatments back in August, things had looked so good. She was doing well, her hair started to grow back. She seemed happier and healthier.

Now this.

I feel like God suckerpunched us. Gave us a taste of her healthy life then snatched it away like an Indian giving little kid taking a toy back.

My husband looked at me last night and says, "My little sister might die. What am I going to do?"

And my heart just broke for him. For her husband, for her kids. For all the things that might not be.

I don't know what to do for him, I don't know how to help him, and I don't know how to process everything I'm feeling. It's all so overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails