Friday, February 5, 2016

Short Story Contest Results

The short story contest officially ended on the 1st of February and I have been anxiously awaiting the results since then.

Especially after that awesome email I received about my short. I have literally, LITERALLY been stalking facebook while waiting. I was five seconds away from writing a post kindly requesting people stop commenting & tagging me in their updates, because every time my phone went I off I swore it was the results.

I logged on tonight after work and getting the baby to bed and chowing down on some amazing stroganoff and saw it, THE notification I'd been waiting for.

Without thinking, I clicked it, when it loaded, I flipped my phone over, too scared to look and a little mad that my husband wasn't here to check it for me.

Over the last week I'd told myself not to get my hopes up, that while I'm a fair writer, I'm no J.K Rowling (which is totally fine by me, because Ms. Rowling is a genius. I admire her, I want to be her, and then again I don't because dude...Harry Potter...how do you come back from that???) and to be honest, I never win anything. Ever.

So I told myself that it wasn't going to happen, that it was okay. Even if it wasn't. So, I flipped my phone over and looked. I don't know what happened, but everything kinda went dull around the edges, my heart was in my mouth, my hands were shaking, tears filled my eyes. My eyes saw my name but my brain was like, dooooh...*insert dripping drool here*

"Ho-leeee Shiiiit," I gasped.

You should've seen everyone's heads. My oldest daughter, my best friend, her husband...they all looked at me like I'd lost my ever-loving mind.

"What?" my oldest questioned, eyeing me as if I was a lunatic. "Wait! Oh my God...did you win?"

I handed her the phone, almost dropping it because yeah, I was shaking that bad.

I came in second place. I didn't expect that. I didn't expect to see my name on there period. I still can't comprehend it.

I sent my husband a text: Are you awake.

He's like Yeppers..

Me: I CAME IN SECOND PLACE
!!!!

And of course that warrants a phone call, a well deserved "I told you so" and a million "I'm so proud of you babe's"

You guys...I'm legitly going to be a published author.

Holy
Fucking
Shit

(shit...there's goes that new year's resolution)

Someone please pinch me...please...because I swear I'm going to wake up tomorrow to find this was all just a super amazing dream.

I'm getting published...holy crap.

holeee craaap.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails