Sunday, August 23, 2009

August 23, 2009

Seven years ago, at one eighteen in the morning my daughter, Bryanne Elizabeth, was born.

I was induced because even before she was born, Bree was stubborn as a mule. She was breach and I had to have a c-section. Labor, as any mom knows, was a pain. Literally and figuratively. I threw up on my father, was nasty to anyone in the room and probably complained for the entire time I was in labor...all eighteen hours of it.

Each year that has passed I have learned a lot of different things about my daughter. I have watched her develop her own likes and opinions and I've seen her take on some of my likes and opinions.

It's strange some days to watch her. There are some days when I wake up and she looks completely different than she did the day before.

I've been fortunate. My daughter has always been happy, healthy and loved. I've been able to teach her things and take her places and teach her right from wrong.

There is nothing in the world that compares to motherhood. I've been blessed and lucky enought to have seven splendid years with my daughter; and if I am lucky enough, I'll get many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails