Tuesday, April 6, 2010

When I was a kid...

My mom had an old Ford Grenada...at least I think that's what it was called..she had a name for it, but for the life of me I can't remember that either. Regardless...she had a lot of problems with her Ford and we made up acronyms for Ford. Found On Road Dead was the most popular one (I know we didn't create it, but hey at 13 I thought I did)...and I swore I'd never own a Ford and thus far have not. I've owned a crap ton of Chevy's, a Mazda, an Isuzu (for like fifteen minutes) but my current car is a Ford. Her name is Celia...like Mike Wazowski's girlfriend in Monsters Inc.

So far my sporty little Ford has been....well..trouble...it was great at first...then two days after I bought it the check engine light came on, it was missing majority of its lugnuts, my radiator had a leak and my back windows don't roll down...but at the end of the day it runs.

Meet Celia


Today Celia tried to kill me....I took my daughter to Wal-Mart and bought her a cute little outfit (pics coming later...) and some popsicles because its so hot outside. After we left Wal-Mart I stopped at Taco Bell to pick up some taco's for dinner. Well, my daughter and I go in and get our dinner, we come out and get in the car. I pull through the parking lot and onto the boulevard, heading home. I notice that the car is shaking kind of strangely.  I can hear it, so I figure I have a flat, so I see an Ace Hardware up ahead and pull into the parking lot to call my husband to come pick me up (I don't have a spare tire). So I slow down and now I can REALLY feel that something is wrong. My car skids and there is a loud THUNK! and my car slams into the ground and pulls forward, my tire flies off the car and goes bouncing across the parking lot.

I FREAKED OUT!




This is after the car stopped and my husband came to my rescue. I stood in the parking lot freaking out. I was shaking so bad I rooted through my purse looking for my phone and I was so wigged I couldn't see it. I dumped my purse out and was standing there yelling at my purse.

Luckily, though, the damage isn't severe and no one was hurt, plus my car is still drivable. The only sucktastic thing is that my side panel is trashed which makes me sad, but, life goes on. I'm thankful no one was hurt and that my car isn't ruined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails