Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tunes I Heart This Week




I can't believe it's Tuesday again already...I'm definitely on a roll here..this is the third (I think) post of today...gotta take advantage of the days off while you can..lol..so without further ado I present, tunes i heart for this week.

11. Death Cab For Cutie. I have a love/hate relationship with DCFC...some of their music I love, and some I hate..lol. However, I love their song Passenger Seat. It's so I-belong-in-a-total-tearjerker-movie-ish. Really...whenever I hear it, it sort of depresses me...and it gets the creative juices flowing...even if it is sad.

Best Line:
"Do they collide?"
I ask and you smile.
With my feet on the dash
The world doesn't matter.

10. Paramore. I am currently having a love affair with Paramore. I think I said that last week...well I am still knee deep in the throes of love with their music. This week my new fav jam is Playing God. I have four Cd's I listen to in the car on my way to work. One is mostly pop, one is mostly Paramore, another is mostly sleepy music, and the fourth is I have no idea because I have yet to listen to it. Well I listen to pop on my way to work and Paramore on my home. Playing God normally plays when I'm at the mall. Never fails..lol..I sing it to the other cars as we sit in traffic..lol.
Best Line:
Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror

9. Matt Wertz...no idea where I found him..somehow he ended up on my computer. I think I download songs in my sleep. Some people sleep walk, some sleep eat, I sleep download. lol. His song, 5:19 is the bees knees.

Best Line:
With one eye on the clock
And one on the phone
It's 5:19....
I'm feeling alone
If I could talk to you
I'd want you to know
I'm holding loose
But ain't letting go.

8. Ella Fitzgerald & Louie Armstrong. I started working on a new story that supposed to be set in the 50's (which probably won't happen because I don't know squat about the 50's) but in my search for music from that era I found this song. This woman has phenomenal talent. Her voice is so smokey and bluesy..and she's just..wow..I heart her and Louie's version of Dream A Little Dream Of Me.

Best Line:
Stars fading but I linger on dear
Still craving your kiss
I'm longin' to linger till dawn dear
Just saying this

7. Kenny Chesney. Oh Kenny, Kenny, Kenny, let me count the ways I love thee...oh wait..the fact that while I was seven months pregnant in JULY and in a THUNDERSTORM I was on the lawn at the VA Bch Amphitheater to see you in concert should attest to that fact. Yup I think that pretty much covers it. I looooooooooove On The Coast Of Somewhere Beautiful..love it. In fact its the inspiration (sort of) for my next story...I posted a piece of it last week, it's going to be titled The Coast and you can find it here

Best Line: 
Sometimes when the sun goes down
Shadows fall across this little town
And I close my eyes and I drift away
To another place in another time
When the world was ours and she was mine
I dream of holdin' her again someday


6. Dead By Sunrise. I heard their song, Too Late, on the TV the other day and I was like, wow this guy sounds like the lead singer of Linkin Park. Turns out it is...and Dead By Sunrise is just a "side project" *cough, cough* yeah right *cough, cough* anyways, they are pretty good...

Best Line:
I'm so lost 
I can't be found
It's too late to turn back now

5. Pink. The video for Glitter In The Air is so pretty...and the line "have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?" got me thinking. I have tons of tubes of glitter lying around, so I did it one day. I took a handful of blue glitter outside and threw it into the air. lame, yes, but it was gorgeous, glittering in the sunlight. 
Best Line:
Have you ever looked fear in the face
And said "I just don’t care"
It’s only half past the point of no return
The tip of the iceberg
The sun before the burn
The thunder before the lightning
The breath before the phrase
Have you ever felt this way? 

4. John Mayer. You are supposedly an ass. I don't rightly care as long as you keep making songs like Gravity and Heartbreak Warfare, which just so happens to be number four on my list this week. I love this song. I loved that they used it in Date Night, which if you still haven't seen it, go now and see it. It is seven kinds of hilarious.
Best Line:
Lightning strike
Inside my chest to keep me up at night
Dream of ways
To make you understand my pain
Clouds of sulfur in the air
Bombs are falling everywhere
It's heartbreak warfare

3. Lee Dewyze. Hi, I totally heart you. You are seven kinds of adorable, and you can sing your butt off. For realsies. Not to mention you took a fantastic song and made it better. Beast of Burden (originally by The Rolling Stones) is so good...I like to jam it when I cook dinner..its a dinner cooking kinda song.

Best Line:
You can put me out
On the street
Put me out
With no shoes on my feet
But, put me out, put me out
Put me out of misery 

2. Robert Skoro. The song, In Line + The Vampire Diaries = some pretty hot stuff. Yeah, that's all I really have to say about that. No shiz..

Best Line:
And I swear that I can feel you
Creeping underneath my skin
And it feels like heaven to me
Sometimes
And i don't understand
Why you 
Just cant let me in
And i close my eyes 
And just let it all
Fall in line
1. This week we have a special guest contributor..my friend Jenn has accepted the invitation to provide us with her favorite song this week. So without further ado I give you her favorite songs of the week. 

Tenth Avenue North. This song, By Your Side, touches my soul. I had just recently become saved, and was feeling lost, alone and unsure of the world in general. I felt as if all the information of the world was bouncing around in my head and it left me confused and scared. Then this song came on the radio. Needless to say I cried as soon as I heard it. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I loved it then, and still love it now. 

Best Line:
‘Cause I’ll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don’t fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you


Tenth Avenue North. I truly love this song, Hold My Heart. I feel that it embodies a lot of what I’m going through right now.  When I first heard this song I loved it right away.  I find that when I’m feeling lost, depressed, confused or stressed, that if I listen to this song, it seems to all melt away. I just really want to share it with everyone!
Best Line:
One tear in the driving rain,
One voice in a sea of pain
Could the maker of the stars
Hear the sound of my breakin’ heart?
One light, that’s all I am
Right now I can barely stand
If You’re everything You say You are
Won’t You come close, and hold my heart

Big thanks to Jenn for taking the time to contribute. Hope there's something here that you like..if not, stay tuned for more music next week. I'm sure by then my musical schizophrenia will be in full swing and my choices will leave you going, "Oh stars, what is this chick smoking?"

Recap:

Death Cab For Cutie - Passenger Seat
Paramore - Playing God
Matt Wertz - 5:19
Ella Fitzgerald & Louie Armstrong - Dream A Little Dream Of Me
Kenny Chesney - On The Coast Of Somewhere Beautiful
Dead By Sunrise - Too Late
Pink - Glitter In The Air
John Mayer - Heartbreak Warfare
Lee Dewyze - Beast of Burden
Robert Skoro - In Line
Tenth Avenue North - By Your Side
Tenth Avenue North - Hold My Heart
Here are the songs from this weeks post with the exception of Dead By Sunrises Too Late, and Robert Skoro's In Line. Enjoy!



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails