Friday, July 30, 2010

Dear all those who care....

I finished reading The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud...you might know it as a little movie called Charlie St. Cloud, starring none other than recent hottie Zac Efron (I totally didn't find him attractive before, but boy let me tell you, lately he is pretty hunky...however, that's a post of a different color).

I read the book because, one, the book I was reading was uber lame and the cover lied...fans of Twilight do not like this book....and by fans I mean me of course. So while I was in Walmart the other day I saw smexy old Efron starring up at me from the cover of the book and thought, eh, why not. I'll probably see the movie and then when I do, I'll have read the book and I can pick apart what they did right and what they did wrong.

That being said I DID NOT expect the book to be as good as it was. It had praise from two of my favorite authors, Nicholas Sparks and Sue Monk Kidd....but, boy let me tell you...that book was sooooo good. It had the right mix of romance and heartbreak, perfectly blended to make the perfect novel. I am in total green monster mode over the author's talent. He did a great job writing a book that takes the unimaginable and makes it real.

Okay, I'm done being a groupie, lol. So that being said, if you read nothing else this year, read Charlie St. Cloud...I promise you won't regret it.

And if you do, you can throw your book at me.

(No, not really, just read it, I promise, you won't be disappointed.)

I picked up Stieg Larson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo tonight...I hope it's good.

Until next time...have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails