Friday, July 9, 2010

The River

Smelled like heaven tonight...I don't know what it was or why, but as soon as the front tires of the car crossed onto the Buckman Bridge the smell just hit me - seaweed and something else, something unidentifiable.

It was hot today, I don't know what the high was - in the mid to upper 90's - and it was still relatively hot when I left work at 8:30 this evening. I rode home with the windows down enjoying the breeze a 65 m.p.h car ride can afford (I drive on the interstate to get to work). The entire trip home, well the first twenty miles of it, I look forward to going over the bridge. There's just something about it...the way the river smells, I guess it reminds of me of this place we used to go to when I was a kid...I want to say it was the Delaware Bay, but I don't think that's right...it smelled the same way...we used to go there and the beach would be littered with horseshoe crabs, which totally freaked me out (still do).

Anyway, I've completely lost track of my point...I guess what I want to say is take the time to enjoy the little things in life...do the speed limit on your way home from work and appreciate the way the sun hits the clouds or the beauty of a full moon rising over the trees in front of you (still kicking myself for not getting that on film) life will still be waiting when you decide to catch up...and who knows, when life does catch back up to you, you might find yourself more rejuvenated and ready to deal with it.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails