Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Suggestion....

I'm trying to get my life back on track after about two months of especially difficult and ridiculously trying times. I've been trying to overlook everything that's been stressing me, and trying to write. It hasn't been going so well, but whatever...ask me if I care. I'm trying.

Well, on that note, I was talking about everything that's been going on with a girl I work with, and I was pretty much telling her the vaguest details of my life post bootcamp and she looks at me incredulously and says, "You should write a book."

I laughed and she looks at me, more intent this time, and says, "No, I'm serious. You write all these other stories about things, why haven't you written about this?"

I told her I haven't because the things that happened aren't important and then I pulled the quote I have written on my computer, the one that says, "writing comes more easily if you have something to say." and I told her that, while the topic of being engaged to my now brother in law when I met my child's biological father, isn't something I want to say. I don't care about the situation any more. It's been ten years since all this happened and I really don't care about either one of them anymore. Yes, they are a part of my history, but so not worth the time and energy to capture all that time on paper.

But lately I've been thinking about how preposterous a book it would be. Even if it was highly fictionalized. People would read it and go, "Oh my god, how the hell did she come up with that?"

I know, right?!? lol.

If it wasn't so crazy, I'd be on it like white on rice, but for now, I think I'll keep on kicking it in fantasy land, where only parts of the story are real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails