Thursday, August 4, 2011

two years...

It's kind of crazy...this day two years ago, I got a devastating email telling me that one of my oldest and best friends had passed away. In the subsequent months, I cried all the time, wrote pointless letters to you and missed you like crazy.

Then one day I woke up and found that it didn't hurt, or make me cry, as much as it did. Then a year later I found that as much as I still missed you, the pain was no where near as bad as it was when I found out.

Two years later, I am ashamed to admit that I almost forgot today was the day I found out you departed this world. I dreamed of you this morning, and as I woke up, still caught in the lingering fragments of the dream, it all came rushing back to me in stunning clarity; the email, the heartbreak, the depression, the obsession with sad music and random tumblr posts that made me think of you.

Even though it's been two years, you are still missed and loved more than you could possibly ever imagine. Those who knew you never have forgotten you, and though the passage of time has done wonders in easing the pain, the wound still remains, lingering just below the flesh, a mere scar on the heart that will never fully be healed.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful post. sorry for your loss. when you loose someone that close to you, it doesn't even seem like it really has happened.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails