Thursday, September 5, 2013

Dear President Obama, Democrats, Republicans and all you other suckers who will NEVER have to worry where the next rent check is coming from...

I am an almost 31 year old wife, mother, hard working person.

Until recently.

The company that I work for recently announced that benefits (health care, certain paid holidays, vacation time) will be cut at the end of the month for those team members that are only considered "part time" in an effort to comply with a Affordable Healthcare Act.

Once upon a time oh about a year ago, I was a full time, gainfully employed person who worked 40+ hour weeks.

Now, I'm lucky if I get more than 24 hours a week. And none of this is by my choice. I was perfectly content working my 40 hour weeks, making my really great pay checks. Then my studio closed and I had to move to another studio and share hours with another girl who was used to being full time.

I went from 40 hours a week to 10!

Then Christmas came and I was back to working my 40 hour weeks. Then Christmas ended. And the company that I work for decided to tighten its purse strings.

I no longer got holiday pay...I no longer got hours, I had to file for unemployment because at the time my husband was unemployed and I was only getting a $200 paycheck.

Yeah, try paying $650 rent, $200 electric bill (which is impossible to get below that...I think my apartment is wired super extra specially) and a car payment and a water bill, oh and don't forget car insurance and food and gas and any other little things a person might need to survive.

So anyway, back to my point.

Christmas is now looming and management is being forced to hire 12 more people (in addition to the five already on staff).

What the bloody hell are we going to do with SEVENTEEN people?

Oh, wait, I know...we're all going to work two hours a day, twice a week..because honestly...that seems like the only logical explanation. There are not enough hours for all these people to be working.

And it pisses me off. How am I supposed to survive on a $300 paycheck? $600 a month? I mean, really?

Am I suppose to keep leeching off the state, hoping that they will continue to help me put food on my table and insure my child so God forbid she gets sick I can take her to the doctor?

And who do these damn politicians think they are to make decisions like this that affect us hard working people so negatively?

It must be nice to work three months out of the year and get paid on the up and up of 250k or whatever the hell they get paid, which is more in a year than I will probably make in my LIFE.

I bet they've never had to eat spagetti four nights in a row...and don't get me wrong, spagettis better than nothing, but when does the madness end?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails