Friday, November 29, 2013

This is my safe place....

Every night before I go to sleep, I tell myself a little story...well most of the time I get as far as the first paragraph and I pass out.

In that last moment between awake and sleep, I find that little sliver of perfection...I'm safe in my bed, tangled up in the silkiness of my non-silk sheets, snuggled up to my pillow husband (the real one works overnights) snuggled up in a cocoon of my imagination. And let me tell you, I write some real best sellers in that short span of time...

PS I'm totally kidding.

Well not really.

But that moment, however brief or fleeting it is, is my safe place...I can be who I want, I can be a superhero or a badass villian, a temptress or the heroine of the love story...in that moment, my dreams come true and thousands of people are lying awake in their beds well into the early morning hours reading my books because they are just too damn good to put down.

It will never happen, but in that moment I am infinite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails