Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Happiness is like a rainbow, you only see it when it rains

In life there are always these fleeting little moments where you realize just how amazing and perfect your life is. I'm not gonna sit here and lie, a lot of the time, being a grown up, the crap you have to deal with on a daily basis, and life in general, just suck. Admit, it does.

But then there are these little moments that generally tend to come out of the blue and it makes you sit back and think, "Hmm, this is pretty damn perfect."

For me, these moments are like rainbows, rarely seen and even more rarely felt. A lot of the time I feel like I'm struggling just to tread water, just trying to keep my nose a fraction of an inch above the fragile skin of the water and not go under. Because let's face it, if I stop kicking my feet or waving my arms for a second, honey I'm going down and quite honestly, if I go down I don't think I'll have the will to keep fighting.

But so far, so good. I don't give up easily and I've managed by sheer force of will not to succumb, to never stop struggling.

Then tonight, I'm haunting the local starbucks like I do every week, with my friend and my daughter, and I realized that all the struggling, all the fighting leads me to this. A warm spring evening, sipping iced coffee with two of my favorite people in the world.

I'm lucky enough to have a pre-teen who doesn't hate me and a friend who's more like a sister that completely understands my weirdness and even joins in on it occasionally. And that's when it hits me. My life might suck occasionally, but when it doesn't, it's pretty damn amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails