Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rant 'o the day

I just took the most relaxing bath EVER! (and can I get a woot woot for a day off!?!?) lol..

Well while I was soaking away enjoying the seductive sounds of John Mayer, Martin Luther McCoy (While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Across the Universe {for those who still don't know, it's a Beatles song}) Nick Jonas, and many more..I was thinking about the Islamic mosque that was targeted last night.

I drive by it every day on my way to work. In fact, I quite enjoy seeing it because it means my exit is near and I'm almost there. But until today I never knew what it was, but it still intrigued me.

Then this morning I was catching up on all my DVR'd shows (Army Wives, Castle) and during a commercial break the morning news preview was talking about a book/TV show a mom said was inappropriate for kids.

Well naturally curiosity got the best of me so I went to the news site to find out what it was (which was a waste of my time...it was Gossip Girl..that show's seven kinds of lame) and while I was there I saw the article about the mosque, the one I pass everyday. There was an explosion there (during evening prayer) that led to a fire.

For the life of me I cannot wrap my mind around the hate some people posses. I really don't get it. I mean, I understand not liking someone because of something they may have done to you, but hating a whole race of people because...well, heck I don't even have a reason why one would hate a whole race...oh wait, yes I do, its because the people who hate are ignorant.

You can blame slavery, you can blame 9-11, you can blame segregation or family or location or the tool in the White House...but really, at the end of the day you only have yourself to blame.

Slavery, segregation, 9-11....it's all in the past. It's a scar on the skin of America...there's nothing left to pick or poke or prod...it's a scar, an imperfection on our skin that loudly proclaims, "Yes, I lived through this and made it through..I might be in a couple of pieces and I might not be as perfect as I was before, but at least I'm alive..at least I can look up at the sky and thank God for the air I breath, and the sights I see...I am here, and I'm not going to let that moment be the moment that defines who I am, it's not going to be the moment that holds me down, or holds me back. It's going to be the thing that drives me to be a better person."

Stop the hate...srsly...it's such a waste of energy...love one another as you love yourself...

That's all for my hippie-love-is-peace-and-here-have-a-flower speech...and I will kindly drag my soapbox back to its appropriate corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails