Monday, June 21, 2010

Books

Dear Author's of the World,

Please pay close attention. Ready? Okay, here it goes: STOP WITH ALL THE UBER LAME VAMPIRE, WEREWOLF, WITCH, WIZARD, FAIRY, psht MAGICALLY SUPERNATURALLY RETARDEDLY RIDICULOUS MUMBO JUMBO ALREADY!

You will never be J.K. Rowling, Anne Rice, Stephenie Meyer, and gang so please STOP trying to be. Get your own UNIQUE ideas and stop riding on everyone else's coat tails. PLEASE! I am begging you. I used to be an avid reader because there were so many unique books out there. Now I barely read anything at all because anytime I go into the book store or book aisle at Target or Wal-Mart or where ever all the books on the shelves have something to do with some kind of supernatural nonsense.

Really publishers, really?

I read Harry Potter and loved it, Ms. Rowling is a creative genius...brava to her for such an intriguing and imaginative series. Anne Rice, meh, not my cup of tea, but kudos to her for her success, Stephenie Meyer, yeah, Bella Swan is a pain in the ass, but whatever...hats off for getting kids to read again...all you other wanna be's should take a long walk off a short pier...

As for me...well I guess I'll go crawl back into my corner and keep waiting until James Patterson or Nicholas Sparks release a new book...or I'll write my own...either way, I'm not reading that garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails