Saturday, September 11, 2010

Freak

In addition to being the only weirdo in America who carries a full sized bottle of perfume around; I also happen to enjoy movies that do not have happy endings.

Call me a masochist if you want, but to me, a movie that ends realistically is way better than a movie that ends happily ever after because, after being around for almost twenty-eight years, you tend to learn that happily ever after doesn't happen often.

Hell, it doesn't happen at all and so I totally love it when movies have moments that make you feel awkward and make you want to cry and make you ache for the characters.

Steve says I'm a weirdo, that most people like movies for the happy endings, but not me. He says I'm a freak because I like the sad endings. So, without further ado, here is my list of anti-happily ever after movies:

(500) Days of Summer

Um, hello, this movie is seven shades of screwed up, but it's also seven shades of how super cute. I don't want to give away too much, but its totally adorable, realistically awkward and doesn't end like you would expect it to, that's what makes it so epically awesome. So, if you haven't seen it, please add it to your Netflix queue.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Okay, first off, who hasn't had their heart broken so damned bad that they wish they could make it all go away, just erase it and act like it never happened?

If you say you haven't you're a big fat liar.

Truth is, Joel and Clementine hurt each other, she erases him so he decides to erase her in return only to decide that he doesn't actually, in fact, want to erase her. This comes to that and they forget each other. You'd think its a good thing, but its not. It's sad. Rent it!

Moulin Rouge

Okay, the fact that she DIES at the end makes this freaking epic. No one gets the girl, one gets their happy ending...the Duke gets knocked the eff out, life is good...it's not a total tear jerker, but its sad.

A Walk to Remember

Okay, we're getting into my Nicholas Sparks fetish...the first time I saw Walk, I was preggo and cried like a baby. I still cry when I see it. This one has a sorta happy ending, I mean, the main character turns his life around, so the sadness isn't in vain.

Nights in Rodanthe

Okay, this one totally took me by surprise. I hate to say this, but I HATED this book. It was horrid, so I didn't have high expectations for the movie. OMG I bawled like a baby...for realsies. Total must rent!

Message in a Bottle

This was my first experience with Nicholas Sparks. This guy I dated in high school took me to see it, and I was so upset with the ending I bought the book convinced that it would end differently.

It didn't.

lol. So you've got to see this movie. It's totally awesomesauce (lmao Jenn I totally stole that from you).

Okay, so I totally think that's it. I'm sure I'll think of more once this is posted, but right now that's all I can think of. What's your favorite unhappy movie?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails