Tuesday, October 19, 2010

12 days of Halloween - Favorite Scary Movies

To celebrate the fact that Halloween is right around the corner, I'll be doing a post a day about my favorite things Halloweeny. so for the first installment, I give you my  favorite scary movies.

1. The Exorcist
Srsly? What's not to love? Creepy little possessed girl who pukes pea soup! No, I'm kidding. My friend Jennie went to see back in high school, they re-released it for Halloween one year, she was completely freaked out...good times.


2. Jaws
Okay, now this is not your typical horror flick, however, it terrified the crap out of me so much so that I do not go in the ocean and if I do the water does not get any higher than my knees. In my book, that qualifies it as a horror flick.


3. Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Okay, cheesy 80's horror flick, yes I know. But watching this when you're six years old is enough to scar you for life. And it did. 22 years later I am STILL deathly afraid of clowns. I do not like them, I cannot stand them, they scare the living shiz out of me.





4. IT
The clown inspired horror continues. When I was 18, the guy I was dating made me watch this movie. He said it wasn't scary and that I would be fine. 
Two weeks later I still hadn't slept for more than a couple hours each night. It was horrible...and still, to this day, I hate clowns. 



5. Halloween
I was like 20-something the first time I saw this movie. It was great...creepy, classic horror flick...the way I like them. Its one of the few scary movies that still scare me, besides the clown movies, lol. Rob Zombie's remake is decent, but nothing ever replaces the original. 

6. Scream
A series that should have stopped with one, Scream is a good movie. To me, its kinda something that could possibly happen...some deranged kids go on a killing spree because they are mentally effed in the head...its a stretch, I know, but maybe..just maybe it could happen. 

7. Paranormal Activity
What can you say about this movie? Not a whole lot...if it didn't freak you the hell out then you have seriously seen some freaky shiz in your life and I'll give you a pass...it's scary...and the best part? A sequel. 'Nuff said. 

8. Dead Silence
this was Bree's pick for her favorite scary movie..it's not really her favorite, in fact, she hates scary movies, but when I asked her and Steve what their favs were, this was the first one she thought of and asked me to put it on the list.


so, there are my favorite scary movies. What are some of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails