Friday, October 1, 2010

What's that noise?


First off, I just wanna say that 1. I'm not crazy, and 2. I'm not crazy.

Okay, now that that's out of the way, I think my house is slightly haunted. Maybe not totally haunted or whatever, but some freaky shiz happens here. It kinda freaks me out, and I tell myself I'm over reacting, but when it happens again, I know I'm not imagining it.

We moved into our current home in December of 2008. Our house is a two bedroom, single story set up with an attic. Right after we moved in, things were weird, but I attribute that mostly to the fact that we lived in our previous house for so long, we were going through a period of adjustment. After a while the house became familiar, we got used to living them, que sera sera.

Then, in August of '09, some strange things began to happen. I began to see this tall, dark, shadowy figure. It would mostly pace the kitchen and I'd always see it out of the corner of my eye. I told myself it was nothing, just someone walking past the kitchen window. But the weird part is, in August 2009, a friend of mine - who just so happend to be fairy tall - passed away. I'm not saying the shadow was him, it's just a strange coincidence.

Now, here comes the real weirdness. A few days ago I was in the bathroom putting away soap and razors when above me I heard footsteps. I stopped what I was doing and turned around to see if Steve was still in our room and not up in the attic playing a joke on me (since we saw Paranormal Activity, he likes to do stuff like that just to scare me.) well he was sitting on the bed looking at a receipt. I said to him, "Did you hear that?"

He goes, "Hear what?"

*pointing at the attic* "those footsteps."

He shakes his head no and goes back to reading his receipt. By now I'm totally freaked out, but like, maybe the neighbors attic is over our bathroom. Later that night, I'm laying in bed, having trouble sleeping, when what do I hear? Footsteps over our bedroom.

I'm laying in bed, trying not to freak out as I listen to what sound like heavy boots on the ceiling above me. It can't be the neighbors, I think, it's well past 2 in the morning, what the hell would they be doing up there at this hour.

Well, the next day I went up there (which terrified me) to get a new shower curtain, and I'm looking around for evidence of someone walking up there and here's the freaky part. There's nothing for anyone to walk on above my room. Part of the attic has a floor, but the part over my room is just insulation and wiring. And over the bathroom? Well, there are a whole lot of boxes on that side of the attic.

So anyway...those are just two of my little tales of creepiness...there are lots more, but it seems like I'm the only one somewhat convinced that my house might be just a teensy bit haunted...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails