Saturday, November 13, 2010

tunes i heart...the november version

ahh the holidays...how fun.

just kidding. holidays are not fun..neither are pissed off parents and screaming babies. which are pretty much my life now. at least until december 26th. so with that, i have like, no time (literally) for anything else. so that being said, im going to throw my favorite tunes as of late at you in rapid succession...get ready, get set, go!

1. Mumford And Sons - After The Storm - rando indie folk rock band of sorts, i guess is what they are...who really cares..i totally dig their sound and this song is wicked.

these next few are from some recent episodes of the vampire diaries...they are cranking out some good tunes lately...

2. The Afters - Ocean Wide - rando band i've never heard of...might be christian rock, prolly not, but either way..good song.

3. Andrew Belle - In My Veins - again from VD...loving this season.

4. Sleeperstar -  I Was Wrong - omgomgomg damon and elena...this played when he told her that he loved her and i went, *huge breathy sigh* and *tear* im so lame..lol

5. Alexi Murdoch - Wait - totally heard this on someone's tumblr and LOVED it...reminded me of something from some lame ass story i'd write...really good and slightly miserable..just the way i love my tunage.

6. Bad City - Fire In The Pouring Rain - totes sounds like something from the days of classic rock - ala Poison or Def Leppard or Guns-n-Roses...interesting if you can dig that kind of sound, which i can...

7. Ben Harper - Amen Omen - heard it on a show, loved it, 'nuff said.

8. Glee - Teenage Dream - no idea who the dude is that sings it, but OMG it freaking rocks so hard it should be illegal...currently my ringtone...i love getting phone calls so i can hear the beatbox/acapella, "let you put your hands on me in my skin tight jeans be your teenage dream tonight." woot

9. ok im almost embarassed to admit this one - Usher ft Jay-Z - Hot Toddy - um yeah...this song is so bad ass...i almost want a hot toddy..whatever the eff that is...lol

10. Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch - dear 2010 Colbalt I drove for a week..you were awesome for playing this song one night on my way home from work...never heard of this band but i like this song

11. Kings of Leon - Come Around Sundown - i love this whole cd...i mean, i loved KOL before, but theres something about this cd...its like they've finally peaked...its epically awesome...and the tunage on here is the most delicious ear candy i think my ears have ever feasted on...fav songs? the end, radioactive, and pyro

12. Katy Perry - Firework - i hated this song at first, but it sort of grew on me, then i saw the video and was like, oh wow..i love this song...


okay so thats it...i think...now im turning the tunes off and going to pick up Mockingjay, the third book in The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins...and dear Suzanne Collins, I totally want to be you...these books, The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay are brilliant, gripping and engrossing, I cannot tell you how much sleep I lost and groggy days I spent at work because I absolutely COULD NOT put them down. If you have not read these books, please do, you won't be disappointed. And if you are, you're a weenie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails