Sunday, March 11, 2012

It's a little on the sad side

I was going through an old notebook looking for notes on a story when I found this snippet that I wrote almost three years ago after a friend of mine passed away....

I can't believe how desperately sad I was. Yes, I know this was a friend of mine and I'd known this person for a long time, but my gosh I was so,so,so sad.

Its a little ironic how much time can dull the pain of loss. At the time it seems like the worst thing that could ever happen, then one day you realize you hardly ever think about it, then you feel bad because you can't imagine being that persons mom or dad or sister or brother and how I bet they wish they had the luxury of forgetting then I feel bad for not remembering. Does that make me a bad person? Does it make this person any less significant, does it change the part they played in my life? I hope not because, I think of this person often and remember them fondly and I thank God that I got to know them despite it all, and most important they were always there for me when I needed a friend...and to this day I still miss them

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails