Monday, April 8, 2013

Claim Me....on second thought...maybe not




A few days ago, I had the pleasure of receiving Claim Me by J. Kenner to read and review. Let me start off by saying that the first book was good. Like, really, really good. From the moment it started, I was gripping the edge of my tablet going, "Tell me more!" then, "Ooh! What happens next?!?!"

I was up, literally, all hours of the night reading, then hauling my sorry ass into work the next day dog tired. It was worth it. Then when it ended, I was pissed. I even wrote on my facebook wall:

UGHHHHH!!!! why! why! why! do you damn authors write these freaking books and then just END THEM! wtfffff?!?!?!?!?!? assholes!

Yeah, I was a wee bit pissed. Then even more pissed when I realized I had to wait (giant gasps of horror) for almost two months to read the next. Then the opportunity arose to read it early (insert nerdy 90's style dancing here) and I jumped all over it.

I hate to say it, but dudes...I was not pleased. It was like reading the second book in Sylvia Day's Crossfire Novels....a whole lot of smut, not a lot of substance. 

That disappoints me. I understand that these are erotica novels, but to me, Release Me had so much story, so much depth, so much mystery and intrigue. Claim Me...didn't. I felt like I had been strung along for 200 or something odd pages, only to be slapped in the face at the very end. I honestly spent a lot of my time skipping pages, trying to get to the meat and potatoes of the story. Nobody wants vegetables...no matter how sexy they are. I was disappointed and quite honestly, I'm glad I didn't spend money I don't have on a book that disappointed me like this one did.  

In my opinion, Social Nikki or Pageant Nikki or Worker Bee Nikki or insert-your-best-adjective-here Nikki was clingy Nikki, Needy Nikki, please-get-a-life-and-get-off-this-man's-nuts Nikki. She seemed flimsy and weak in this book, too involved with Damien. 

I understand sequels are hard to write, that sometimes you need a bit of fluff to get you to where you need to be, but the whole book seemed fluffy. Like a little baby lamb. 

In my opinion, prepare to be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails