Thursday, April 8, 2010

Paint With Me Thursday: Umbrellas

 Simply Feather


I like to draw umbrellas...they're easy..lol, so when I saw the focus this week was umbrellas I did a stupid little happy dance and sharpened my favorite drawing pencil....

Then I drew a blank (lol that's been happening a lot lately i.e. chapter 38 but really that's neither here nor there).

So I did two drawings, one was inspired by my daughter who kept singing some song about April showers and May flowers...






It says april showers bring may flowers (and mental note to self: FIX SCANNER!).

The next one I did was after I had pretty much the worst day/experience ever. I don't know what the point of it is, but it it follows the focus and made me feel better...soo...to each her (or his) own interpretation.




"It's something you can't change" is a line from a song, but for the life of me I can not find it or remember who it's by...so random artist whose lyrics I liked enough to write on my drawing, if you stumble upon this, sorry...

"You can stand under my umbrella" is by Rhianna (if you're early 20-something and don't know that you've been living under a rock...EVERYBODY re-did that song..and yes, I truly mean everybody, see: Manic Street Preachers, JLS, Bare Egil, Terra Naomi, Jamie Cullum, Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park, The Mint Chicks, McFly, Lillasyster, Plain White T's, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, OneRepublic, Sara Bareilles, Cláudia Leitte, Mandy Moore, My Chemical Romance, Tegan and Sara, Amanda Palmer, Syesha Mercado, Natalie Gauci, illScarlett, All Time Low, Taylor Swift, Bentley Jones, Boyce Avenue, and The Baseballs, Marié Digby, Biffy Clyro, Vanilla Sky, All Time Low....lol so see...everybody...)


To see more art check out Simply Feather

'Til next week blog-o-sphere!

And to answer the question about who are Sam & Dean and Stefan & Damon click here ;)

and a much later afternote...i found the song! It's called Something by Cary Brothers. Might have taken all day but I finally remembered :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for explaining about those guys. I'll head there next! Gotta love a little eye candy.
    Your second picture has a Salvador Dali quality. Must be the clock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh cool! i can be considered a girl in my early 20's? because i didn't know that song WASN'T a rhianna original? ha! i'll be in my twenties...well, without the curly hair. and the high-waisted jeans. and the belly shirt. you know. just younger-looking.
    i digress. but i was so glad you mentioned rhianna because that song's been running around my head all this day through. under my umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh...

    right. your art. i remember why i'm here now. i liked your april showers! so stinkin' cute! sorry you had such a badbad experience this week. mend soon, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about the bad day.. but your art was fantastic... and i just turned 30 and have no idea what song you are talking about... :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came around from Simply Feather. It's fun to see what your drew. I really like the cute daughter inspired picture of showers to flowers. But the more stormy, yet with a refuge, umbrella picture captures my thoughts and imagination even more. Great images.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails